Stage 1: Our Initial Contact
The "illustrator notes above" are how
you imagine your story and must be included to give me "guidance in
the right direction" as to what you are looking for in the
After I've read the information in your
quote request I will then provide you with a quote for your book
The Illustration Work Order and Deposit Payment
Once you have confirmed that my quote is acceptable.
1. I create the contract / illustration work order.
The contract is written very clearly, no legal jargon, and outlines the work to be done, the payment methods, and when each payment is due.
2. This contract is then emailed to you for your review. If the contract is acceptable, you then simply email it or snail mail it back to me with your initial deposit to begin the illustration process.
The method of payment for your deposit is by credit card with
PayPal on my main website page. The other methods of payment are
your choice of: International Money Order or a wire transfer of
No work can begin until the deposit has been received.
| Stage 3:
The Creative Process
1.Sketching can begin on the illustrations for your book once your book's size has been chosen, When the black and white rough pencil sketches are ready I email them to you for approval.
2. It is your responsibility to review the sketches and if you'd like changes made to the sketches then list the changes in point form in a reply email. No change requests will be accepted by phone.
3. If you approve of the sketches then please state that in your reply email. The client is allowed two Free revisions to each sketch before additional charges apply.
A. Once all the black and white sketches are completed
and gone through the revision stages and approved by you. I then
begin on the finished colored illustrations.
6. After all the color illustrations have been completed and approved by you the final payment is required.
1. After I receive the final payment from you I then save all your illustrations to two CDs and mail them right to your door.
2. Both CDs will have the exact same content, you'll keep one for your own personal files as a backup copy and the other CD you would mail along with your manuscript to your publisher or graphic designer (depending on your preferred method of publishing). In certain cases I can also email you the files if they are not to large to send.
3. The publisher or graphic designer creates the camera-ready artwork (artwork comprised of the illustrations and your manuscript) and sends you images (proofs) to approve.
4. Once those images are approved your book goes to print.
Need an estimate for your Children's Book?
Copyright © 2003 – Denis Proulx and Shangri-La-Studio. Reproduction or
any part of this web site without the permission of Denis Proulx is prohibited.